Make Money and Make a Difference
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Go to http://www.wparef.com/ and click the "Become A Referee" tab, where you will find:
- General information about becoming and remaining a referee
- How to register for accounts in the two systems that you will use for training/registration
- After you register for your accounts you will have access to online instruction which:
- MUST be completed at least one week prior to the on-field session
- Takes 4-6 hours and can be done in sections
- Step-by-step instructions on obtaining and submitting your clearances (for all) and work permits (for minors)
- These need not be submitted prior to your instruction, but must be submitted before you receive your badge and are therefore able to referee
- SafeSport training must also be completed. This takes about an hour and can be done in sections.
- If you need fingerprints (18+), allow several weeks for processing
- Information on referee uniforms/equipment
- IMPORTANT: Your Entry Level Course is just the beginning. Referees must recertify annually, to keep up with new information on the Laws and administrative matters.
GRASSROOTS ENTRY LEVEL USSF REFEREE SESSIONS NOW AVAILABLE
- Successfully completing the Grassroots Entry Level Course makes you a USSF Referee - so you can ref Travel games.
- There is both online training (free of charge) and on-field training ($65). You must complete the online sessions before signing up for on-field training.
- You must be 14 years old to get started.
- This is not MLSA-only training. This is a national certification that puts you in the USSF Referee Program, administered locally by the Western PA Referee Committee.
Mt Lebanon Soccer has partnered with CardsPlug to provide our membership with the opportunity to purchase the world’s #1 personalised football card, loved by over 200,000 fans.
FEEL LIKE A PRO WITH CARDSPLUG!
Watch your email, Facebook and this space for updates!
Things to Think About
- Handling subbing and positional play across the age groups
- Build out lines U10
- How to teach basic critical soccer techniques and to recognize the need
- How to coach large game tactics in a small space
- Promoting team chemistry and positive culture - CRITICAL
- U13 - facing the big field for the first time - what it means to your players
- Easy set plays (corners, directs, indirects, etc.)
- Communicating with parents - key to a positive and less stressful season
- Balancing development and winning
- Practices - what to do
- How to give older players the autonomy and contribution opportunities they crave