Hi MLSA Family,
We’re sending good thoughts to all of you as we all navigate this challenging time. If you can get out (when it’s not raining) in your yard or somewhere else safe and kick the ball around using social distancing good practices, it’s a great way to keep busy and enjoy some fresh air. Check out our FB page for some new ideas from the UK Trainers. And the LiveSoccerTV app Is still streaming matches that may be new to you - or are worth seeing again! Either way, we are all hoping to make the best of the situation and keep everyone healthy.
We also wanted to make sure that...
Travel Soccer Registration Opens 4/1!
MLSA Spring Seasons
MLSA Spring Seasons
If you are registered for a spring program, Travel, SDP, RT19, top soccer, you will shortly be receiving an email regarding how we will be delaying your particular program for the time being this spring. A lot of factors related to our spring season remain up in the air. At this time, we are planning to follow the lead of the School District, Municipality and PA West. This means that our spring season for ALL programs is postponed until at least March 30th.
Our travel season’s Opening Day celebration that was scheduled for March 29th on the Cedar turf and upper practice field (Rock Pile) is postponed. If the schools do reopen on March 30th, then we will begin practicing that week and play games on April 5th.
I won’t speculate on the likelihood of our season being delayed further or how we will deal with whatever the next few weeks bring, except to say that every decision that we make will be made with the intention of keeping our players, coaches, refs and families safe.
In the meantime, we are encouraging our coaches for travel to reach out to their teams with drills that can be done at home. Stay tuned for our other programs' initiatives.
Chris Frenie, MLSA President
MLSA Coronavirus Statement
Travel Soccer Fall 2020/Spring 2021
Come out and play!
Tryouts are in spring 2020
Stay tuned for registration opening and closing dates!
Things to Think About
- Handling subbing and positional play across the age groups
- Build out lines U10
- How to teach basic critical soccer techniques and to recognize the need
- How to coach large game tactics in a small space
- Promoting team chemistry and positive culture - CRITICAL
- U13 - facing the big field for the first time - what it means to your players
- Easy set plays (corners, directs, indirects, etc.)
- Communicating with parents - key to a positive and less stressful season
- Balancing development and winning
- Practices - what to do
- How to give older players the autonomy and contribution opportunities they crave