We Celebrate His Foundational Contributions to Lebo Soccer
John Wilcher was a pillar of the Lebo soccer family. He brought high school boys and girls soccer programs to Mt. Lebanon, served as the first president of the PA West Soccer Association and lead the Mt. Lebanon Boys’ Varsity to four WPIAL championships and the PA State Championship.
John then became the first head coach of the Allegheny College Women’s Varsity soccer program in Meadville, PA. While he received many coaching awards both regionally and nationally, including induction into several soccer halls of fame, his greatest pride came from watching many former players become soccer coaches too.
He will be greatly missed, and we thank him for his incredible contributions—and lasting legacy.
For service information and his obituary, read more here.
Updated Philosophy and Programs
There are exciting new changes for MLSA girls! We hosted the "The NEW Lebo Youth Soccer for Girls!" for the families with girls K-12th grade on Tuesday, 4/27.
Here are two videos from that Zoom:
The updated programs and philosophy (approx. 24 minutes)
A video explaining club opportunities (approx. 15 minutes).
Please see here for the answers to specific changes in our FAQs here. Reach our firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Next Up: June Registrations
Come out and play!
Watch your email, Facebook and this space for updates!
Things to Think About
- Handling subbing and positional play across the age groups
- Build out lines U10
- How to teach basic critical soccer techniques and to recognize the need
- How to coach large game tactics in a small space
- Promoting team chemistry and positive culture - CRITICAL
- U13 - facing the big field for the first time - what it means to your players
- Easy set plays (corners, directs, indirects, etc.)
- Communicating with parents - key to a positive and less stressful season
- Balancing development and winning
- Practices - what to do
- How to give older players the autonomy and contribution opportunities they crave